Translation of Excerpts of Niccolo Cabeo's Philosophia Magnetica (1629)

I just published my new video, which covers the Accademia del Cimento as well as Niccolo Cabeo, and their contributions to electrical science. This video took five months (!), from research, to translating (and brushing up on my Latin, which I had been neglecting), to making the music, to making CG renders of the Accademia's apparatus (by first learning Blender...) and finally editing. I've already mentioned the great pains I took transcribing the notes and diary of the Accademia del Cimento. Now, here is my working version of the translation of parts of Niccolo Cabeo's Philosophia Magnetica. I expect to revisit this translation soon. 


Comments

  1. This is fantastic, thank you for taking the time to translate it! I find it to be very readable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got a newsletter from kathy joseph about your y/t channel, and made a comment/ question to you
    about some of the 'latest info' concerning science, history. Today it seems you've removed 'a lot' of your vids. and asking if so, why? I'd like to look more....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of S. D. Poisson's Premiere Memoire sur la Distribution de l'Electricite a la surface des Corps conducteurs; (1812)

Translation of Gauss's Theoria Attractionis Corporum Sphaeroidicorum Ellipticorum Homogeneorum methodo novo tractata (1813)

Translation of J. D. Gergonne's Varities, Essai de dialectique rationelle (Essay about rational dielectic)