Euler's Latin: Three Excerpts as Bilingual (Side-by-Side) Translations with Glossaries

 Because I am myself a student of Latin, I've found it helpful to make a lot of learning resources. It would be silly to keep it all to myself, so here I will share some bilingual versions of Euler's writing that I've been working on. They're nothing much, just the first few pages of three papers, with some vocab lists, but it should be a start for anyone interested in mathematical Latin in the 18th century. 

E532 De Serie Lambertina

E43 De Progressionibus Harmonicis Observationes

E25 De Summatione Innumerabilium Progressionum

  • Bilingual translation (Ian Bruce) is available here (Note: I left in some plain text at the end by accident)

The dictionaries were created automatically from my PYWORDS program, generated as Markdown, which was then converted to .odt using pandocs, and manually formatted into a two-column format. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of S. D. Poisson's Premiere Memoire sur la Distribution de l'Electricite a la surface des Corps conducteurs; (1812)

Translation of Gauss's Theoria Attractionis Corporum Sphaeroidicorum Ellipticorum Homogeneorum methodo novo tractata (1813)

Translation of J. D. Gergonne's Varities, Essai de dialectique rationelle (Essay about rational dielectic)